I know most of us are from the 70's and 80's here, but what was the first album/tape you bought with your own money, I remember I was about 11 and I got some Christmas money and I went to a used Record store and bought Metallica: Kill Em All, this one  is an original one due to the fact that it has Am I Evil and Blitzkrieg, the new ones they make dnt have those songs on it. I still have it in tact and my other fave collectible is the 595 Garage days original Lp featuring Jason Newstead for the first time right before Justice came out. and recently I bought off Craigslist and Original Ride The lightning record still in the package from 1984. I want to start a new collection of TON/LOA stuff to add to the collection.
What have you guys collected over the years dnt even let me tell you about all the floyd records I have that would take some time,.

Views: 586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First tape was Run DMC (the one that had Walk This Way).  I forgot what the album was called.  I bought License to Ill by Beasty Boys on the same day, so that one counts too ;-P

The first cassette I bought with my own coin was 1984 by Van Halen.  I was 11 or 12 years old and had earned the money by delivering newspapers.  I played that fucker over and over and over.   Twenty six years later I have a massive collection of music from all genres, including that very same cassette.

First album I bought with my own money was Black Sabbath Paranoid, and it was still in the "New Releases" section of the little local record store.

ELTON JOHN (CARIBOU)

These discussions are making me look bad! LOL

The first tape i ever bought with my own money was Tiffany - I think were alone now

My first vinyl album was a small 45 of the 'Ghostbusters' single.

My first cassette tape was 'Then and Now... The Best of The Monkees'.

And, my first CD was "Weird Al" Yankovic's, 'Dare To Be Stupid'.

JDG

I remember my older brother being a dick and I stole one of his favorite tapes.  I had it for weeks before I put it in a fell in love with it.  I never gave it back and listened to it religiously, and became a die-hard fan at the age of 7.  The album?  KISS - Destroyer

My first LP I bought with Christmas money when I was 11. It's so embarrassing I don't really want to share. It was remixes of 1960s music and I think it was called Jive Bunny and the Master Mixes. But the cool thing was it came with a free compilation album by one of South Africa's alternative DJs, and it featured the popular 1980s artists like Billy Idol and some others. I remember hearing "White Wedding" for the first time and being oddly turned on by the music. I lived such a sheltered life at that point, I really didn't know what hit me.

The first CD I bought with my own money was when I was 15. I'd heard "Hurt" on radio late one night and saved up for the special release of NIN's "The Downward Spiral". It changed my life. Thereafter it was White Zombie and... **drumroll please** Type O Negative's "October Rust" album, which I still own. I didn't have much money and CDs were damn expensive for those days.

I think my first CD I bought with my own money was a "Caught In the Act" album... I was very young and dumb!!!! But every girl at my school loved the Backstreet Boys, so it was a kind of rebellion. ;)

I remember my parents buying records for me often.  45's as well as KISS records.  My father would give my brother and I records for our birthdays and Xmas, etc.  I remember grabbing KISS - Love Gun off the shelf in Kings Plaza and my mother buying it for me!  My first purchase with my own money, I think, was either Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains The Same or In Through The Out Door sometime around 1980...

When I was in high school, I was a die hard Metallica fan!  From what I recall, Kill Em All did NOT have those songs on the original release.  Am I Evil was from an EP.  Maybe the Jump In The Fire single?  Can't remember exactly.  It was a long time ago...

I don't remember what the first tape I bought was.  I did one of those Columbia Record Club deals where you get 10 or 15 tapes for a buck.  I know Type O - Bloody Kisses & Danzig II was in that group.  The first CD I bought was a Tom Petty single.

Music collecting has been an obsession for half my life.  Currently over 120 pieces in my music collection are Type O related.

first record which set me on the road to heavy metal heaven was AC/DC  Powerage way back in '78. Still have it and still play it on occasions.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service