I know most of us are from the 70's and 80's here, but what was the first album/tape you bought with your own money, I remember I was about 11 and I got some Christmas money and I went to a used Record store and bought Metallica: Kill Em All, this one  is an original one due to the fact that it has Am I Evil and Blitzkrieg, the new ones they make dnt have those songs on it. I still have it in tact and my other fave collectible is the 595 Garage days original Lp featuring Jason Newstead for the first time right before Justice came out. and recently I bought off Craigslist and Original Ride The lightning record still in the package from 1984. I want to start a new collection of TON/LOA stuff to add to the collection.
What have you guys collected over the years dnt even let me tell you about all the floyd records I have that would take some time,.

Views: 588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

first tape was MJ's bad but i was was young first cd was the mind is a terrible thing to taste by ministry still young but at least its had some guitars on it
pretty hate machine, i bought this on tape how old do i feel!
yeah I can't remember:( must be getting old or something
I always had music around due to my dad being a drummer/guitarist but boughten with my own money which made it a special buy to me was the first ToNnies tape after some dude that was following everythingy i was doing at the time said this is the band you were paired with in that teen mag I had done a photo shoot in green & black atier w/ a biker jacket & was in the window of the hudson bay company protraying a teen that stayed past closing in the store....& on the same page was a pic of TON with there line up at that time & thier album a bit of a write up on them & a write up on my shoot...was cool so after he gave me the tape to listen too & told me who the band was on the same page as moi I went to a record store & it was all so special to me at the time cause it kinda put a mark at the beging of my entertainment industry life I was about 13-14, was modeling by 11.
MY VERY FIRST ALBUM WAS AEROSMITH'S "GET YOUR WINGS".

BUT OF COURSE MY MOST FAVORITE COLLECTION IS ALL OF TYPE O NEGATIVE. FROM ORIGIN TO THE RED DEAD AGAIN. I HOPE TO HAVE LOTS OF CDs FROM A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH!! LOVE THAT SOUND. I AM NOT A FAN OF ALICE IN CHAINS, BUT SAL AND MATT TO ME ARE BETTER THAN ALICE IN CHAINS. I SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE COMPARE THEM TO ONE ANOTHER BUT I THINK A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH IS MUCH BETTER.
Ghostbusters Soundtrack!
lol...at gostbusters...was a cool 80s movie
AC/DC Highway to Hell started off my years of collecting when i was nine years old.
Open Up and Say AHH... by Poison. I remember listening to Tearin' Down the Walls over and over because it had to word "sex" in the lyrics. I was seven years old, so give me a break. :)

I used to listen to it at least 4 times a day, over and over... my Dad tried swapping it with Beatles tapes, but I refused it.
First album that really had a profound effect on my taste in music was when I was 12, back in 2003 and it was around the first time I discovered Nine Inch Nails, I ended up buying "The Fragile". I remember this specifically because my father was up in arms about the "explicit content" sticker that was on the outer cellophane packaging... great times. To this day, that is one of my top fourth favorite album of all time.

My first vinyl record I ever purchased was only this year which was Tool's "Undertow". Needless to say, seven years later, my father did not give a shit about what I was listening to, so long as he could sleep. Mission realized. Now the vinyl collection starts...
I want to say either Back in Black or Who Made Who. It may very well even be ReLoad.
It's one of those three, though. I bought Back in Black and Who Made Who at the same time, though.

Metallica's "...And Justice for All" tape. I believe i was around 9.... maybe 10.

1st cds were TON's "October Rust" & Acid Bath's "Paegan Terrorism Tactics"

There's was this great radio station in upstate new york up til about '96 that played some really killer metal. I remember being in 3rd grade and staying up til like 1am just to listen. They'd play whole fuckin albums. I'd stay up to tape them.

Oh and 1st vinyl were Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" and Suicidal Tendencies "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow..." used at some hole-in-the-wall record shop in north jersey that is no longer there.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service