I know most of us are from the 70's and 80's here, but what was the first album/tape you bought with your own money, I remember I was about 11 and I got some Christmas money and I went to a used Record store and bought Metallica: Kill Em All, this one  is an original one due to the fact that it has Am I Evil and Blitzkrieg, the new ones they make dnt have those songs on it. I still have it in tact and my other fave collectible is the 595 Garage days original Lp featuring Jason Newstead for the first time right before Justice came out. and recently I bought off Craigslist and Original Ride The lightning record still in the package from 1984. I want to start a new collection of TON/LOA stuff to add to the collection.
What have you guys collected over the years dnt even let me tell you about all the floyd records I have that would take some time,.

Views: 586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first compact disc bought with my own money was Pretty Hate Machine, NIN. I grew up in the 90's. What are you trying to say, that we're old or something? Considering NIN just released the remastered PHM album. Ah, it's been TWENTY YEARS. Nooooo.

I have all of Depeche Mode. All of Type O Negative. All of Tool. The rest, most of, bits of...working on entire discography of Bauhaus currently.
Yea I guess I feel old , I was born in 1978 at the Death of disco and During the birth of some great Metal...Yea I have the NIN CD, actualluy that is my fave CD by them...
Spice World! HA, ya that's right I went from Girl Power to Doom Power....lol...

I'm a bit all over the place, but my roots are firmly in classic Gothic rock*smile*
well i was born in 1973, the first LP i bought was a Duran Duran record, i cant remember the name, the first tape i bought was probably an 80s metal band like ACDC or Motley Crue, and the first cd i bought was a best of ZZ Top.
seems someone had the same idea as me for this topic
Good question. My first were Back in Black and Who Made Who by AC/DC. I bought them the same day.
At the same time I also want to say ReLoad by Metallica. I can't really remember but it's definitely one or the other.
Of all the things in the world, I cannot remember exactly the first music I ever bought. I want to say Alanis Morissette, but I think it may have been something else. For the longest time I got most of my music from recording songs off the radio onto cassette, recording music from television onto VHS, or what my parents allowed me to have. When I did start buying CDs (and cassettes), I hid a lot of my music because I was afraid my mom would find it. I hid my Jane's Addiction CDs in the back of my closet.

Over the years I've been collecting music exponentially. Alice in Chains, The Birthday Massacre, Tori Amos, Combichrist, Depeche Mode, Fear Factory, Jane's Addiction, Lacuna Coil, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn,Type O Negative, and the list goes on and on.
@Mike : Duran Duran, I've been always a sucker for their music. Still love to hear their songs nowadays!

My first purchase was a LP from a movie called Dune. It was a combination of rock & classical music. Or better said a collatoration between the band Toto and the Vienna Symphony Orchestra. Second one was again a LP, the Star Wars soundtrack by John Williams. Third one was again a LP and that was somewhat heavier. Beneath the Remains from Sepultura.

I still have those LP's and I cherries them but I don't have any friggin device to play them ; )
The first album I ever bought with my own money was the soundtrack for Cat People by David Bowie and Giorgio Moroder. It was a vinyl record and I got it with my birthday money when I was 12. It caused a huge issue with my very Seventh Day Adventist grandmother (who I was living with at the time.) I think this experience rather shaped me. Then again, I was the kid who had Suzy Creamcheese and Tubular Bells for lullaby songs as a baby, and my dad named after an amplifier. Go figure!
Remember it like it was yesterday.... Eat to the Beat by Blondie.
Yeah it's kind of like your first time. Well I remember the CD better than my first time to be honest. The CD meant more. Heh.

Lyle Charles Scott said:

Scary Carrie said:
Yeah it's kind of like your first time. Well I remember the CD better than my first time to be honest. The CD meant more. Heh.

Lyle Charles Scott said:

A cd can last up to more than an hour ; P

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service