We would love your feedback. Tell us which songs to play when we come to your neck of the woods? Who should complete the band? Should we cover any songs in the future? Let er rip!

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The songs drag you along the river of sound. Very atmospheric, the mood has been set and the message is clear with all of the songs. Lyrics are like torn from the soul. A touch of Alice in Chains is undeniable but Pale Horse is different.

Pale Horse is excellence in their own style. Dark, gloomy just the way I like it. Musically wise I do not know where to look for improvement points. The production is better then expected, the songs are really well thought of, well constructed. And surprisingly Sal can sing! Pleasant voice and he doesn't appear to stress out his voice in making it sound different or something that isn't his.

The only thing I would like to see is that they created a few songs that would have had a longer runtime. Some of the songs feel like they are too short, you get into it and then it's over.

All in all Pale Horse is a very pleasent surprise, good music from the bottom of the heart. I hope that this becomes a success. If not, then this becomes the best failure since long time.
"Bad Dream" is a great way to break up the album. I find "Meet the Wolf", "When Crows Descend Upon You", and "Cracks In The Walk" to flow the best. Over all the down tempo, ambient, gloom and doom is very cohesive, as is the album art.
to me, it sounds like early 90ties brooklyn meets mid 90ties seattle :) i really like drumming as well as the sound of drums which is clearly authentic TON. also sampled intermezzos (i'd appreciate more of them the next time - creating atmo connections between songs). i wish JS was involved in future (it's my dream actually)...
top 3 songs : die alone, when crows descend, as black as my heart
You asked the question, who should complete the band? Looking at the sound, feel and content of the songs I would see the following humans perform with you, live on stage :

Bass : Val lum, former bass player in Pist-On. No contest.
Guitar : Matt Brown, for Uber-obvious reason. The man has passion for music.
Keyboards : Josh Silver. Unlikely he will do it. If he does agree I restore my faith in humankind.
Vocals/Guitar : Sal
Drums : Sorry, you have to clone youself

Good luck contacting those people. I have no clue whether Val lum still is alive. Josh is hiding in his cellar. Matt is touring with Seventh Void. And cloning is still not a perfect procedure.

I didn't feel like making it easy on you ; )
from what i have heard it kicks ass. there is a definte evil Alice in Chains presence there, circa LAyne of course. but i really cant wait to get my hands on a copy of this cd. also i cant wait til you tour so i can see what kind of a stage show you will bring to the fold.

and i couldnt agree more with Scary Carrie, Johnny Kelly on drums would be a good fit.
Listening to the album makes the songs better every time. Sounds like good riping wine. The thing I like in the album are certain of scale sounds. Like the saxophone in the song Die Alone. Or the soundscapes, certainly those things.
Good music and good songwriting. I didn't know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. I'd like to hear all your songs live.
I stand in awe of your Rockdom, sir. o.o

Constantin said:
You asked the question, who should complete the band? Looking at the sound, feel and content of the songs I would see the following humans perform with you, live on stage :

Bass : Val lum, former bass player in Pist-On. No contest.
Guitar : Matt Brown, for Uber-obvious reason. The man has passion for music.
Keyboards : Josh Silver. Unlikely he will do it. If he does agree I restore my faith in humankind.
Vocals/Guitar : Sal
Drums : Sorry, you have to clone youself

Good luck contacting those people. I have no clue whether Val lum still is alive. Josh is hiding in his cellar. Matt is touring with Seventh Void. And cloning is still not a perfect procedure.

I didn't feel like making it easy on you ; )
90's Brooklyn meets 90's Seattle? You nailed the description perfectly!

doktor said:
to me, it sounds like early 90ties brooklyn meets mid 90ties seattle :) i really like drumming as well as the sound of drums which is clearly authentic TON. also sampled intermezzos (i'd appreciate more of them the next time - creating atmo connections between songs). i wish JS was involved in future (it's my dream actually)...
top 3 songs : die alone, when crows descend, as black as my heart
one of the aspects that i am blown away at is Sal's vocals, very impressed.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service