Theoretically speaking, let's say you go to an APHND show and you get a chance to sit down with Sal and Johnny, the only two drummers for Type O and two current members of AHPND.  They have time for one beer, one shot, and one question.  Now, what beer do you drink, what question do you ask, and what shot do you order for you and the guys?

Views: 387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, there have been some great questions on here that even I would like to know the answer to.  But also, many new beers that I'm going to have to hunt down somewhere, as I live in a small community and you can get Bud Light, Budweiser, or MGD!  Ok, it's not THAT bad, but not a large selection of imported beer.
And I still want to know what Hungarian Witchcraft is!  Sounds interesting!
I googled Hungarian Witchcraft Drink and I've got nothing.  I'm guessing it's probably like Strega (an Italian liqueur that literally means witch.)  Strega is made with something like 70 spices and herbs, and is truly amazing.  It's a little hard to find and your favorite liquor store might need to order it.  Usually runs about $40 a bottle and it's gonna last you a while since this is to savor, not get drunk on.  The flavors change from peppery to sweet, to spicy, and keeps on changing with every sip.  Kinda like a liquid chameleon.
yeah it's called Unicum...40 different herbs to make you feel nice and warm. I can't stand it really but I just had another shot the other day cause my tummy was hurting and voila. also some palinka..fruit and herb brandy...I really gotta get some of these things for the guys and I fly back the next time
Well, if it were me.. I would have a Corona and Crown Royal for Johnny, a Franziskaner Weissbier and Vermouth for Sal with a Hoegaarden Wheat and Crown Royal for myself! Question is.. Are you guys ready to kick some ass?!?!
Dreher bak(hungarian porter) , Fülyülős pálinka (hungarian brandy), Why did you start to play the drums?

To Sziamiau-  Now I'm gonna have to compare Strega to Unicum.  Good thing I don't have a lot planned for this weekend other than writing. Thanx for the info.

:)

Crown Royal is very tasty.Hell yeah cant wait to see you guys destroy the stage at Starland.
Matt Brown said:
Well, if it were me.. I would have a Corona and Crown Royal for Johnny, a Franziskaner Weissbier and Vermouth for Sal with a Hoegaarden Wheat and Crown Royal for myself! Question is.. Are you guys ready to kick some ass?!?!

@Matt - Dude, I'll have the Hoegaarden Wheat and Crown Royal ready and waiting if you guys come to the South (Little Rock, Dallas, or Shreveport)   Can't wait to see you guys live and hopefully have a drink and tell some stories.

@Sziamiau and Leslie - Are these drinks that are in the States or am I going to have to special order these?  I mean, I'm sure I'm going to have to order them anyway, but there are some specialty stores in bigger towns around my area, and I'm thinking I might be able to find some of them there.  You have both sparked my interest, anyway.

Ross, I would advise to find some hungarian stores around your area and check with them. You can also order online or go and pick some up at the airport

if you are in little rock check with these guys:

http://www.valleyhungarian.nv.switchboard.com/

maybe they carry them or they can tell you where to go... but yeag google is your friend..while you are there pick up some poppyseed or walnut kalacs...it's my all time favorite sweet/pastry. every time I fly back to see my mom she bakes it and then I bring it back...so there is some in my freezer now. whihc reminds me when TON were touring, we all gave small pressies so Johnny and Kenny are well aware of palinka. also have two boxes of my favorite cookie vaniliaskarika..not sure where that ended up heh

I wouldn't mind picking up some for you if you would like but I will be in the Las Vegas area the end of March and not around where you live.

...taking notes on what Sal and Matt likes

I've never had Unicum so I couldn't say for certain on that one.  Strega, Yes.  It's also a vital ingredient in some popular Italian pastries so it can be found.  If you've got a liquor store that caters to gourmet tastes or prides itself on variety, I'd check there first.

Also, if you like whiskey, I'd recommend getting some Old Overholt.  It's a straight rye and was THE popular drink of choice between the early 1700s through the Civil War.  80 proof isn't too hard to find.  However, if you can find it, the 100 proof  is amazing and is pretty much the same as what people were getting plastered on at the Green Dragon Tavern in Boston while planning the American Revolution (which kinda explains the first Boston Tea Party...)

Ross C said:

@Matt - Dude, I'll have the Hoegaarden Wheat and Crown Royal ready and waiting if you guys come to the South (Little Rock, Dallas, or Shreveport)   Can't wait to see you guys live and hopefully have a drink and tell some stories.

@Sziamiau and Leslie - Are these drinks that are in the States or am I going to have to special order these?  I mean, I'm sure I'm going to have to order them anyway, but there are some specialty stores in bigger towns around my area, and I'm thinking I might be able to find some of them there.  You have both sparked my interest, anyway.

Wait a minute... Haven't had morning Coffee yet so brain is lagging... 

I'm in the USA and I was thinking about getting hold of these drinks in the context of living somewhere rural IN the USA.  However if you don't, I'd imagine that Strega could be found without too much trouble.  I know it can also be ordered off the internet.  (Don't pay $70 a bottle for it tho- that's just nuts.)  Old Overholt?  Don't think your chances would bee too good getting that outside urban USA.  No idea about the other drink.

Leslie Sanders said:

I've never had Unicum so I couldn't say for certain on that one.  Strega, Yes.  It's also a vital ingredient in some popular Italian pastries so it can be found.  If you've got a liquor store that caters to gourmet tastes or prides itself on variety, I'd check there first.

Also, if you like whiskey, I'd recommend getting some Old Overholt.  It's a straight rye and was THE popular drink of choice between the early 1700s through the Civil War.  80 proof isn't too hard to find.  However, if you can find it, the 100 proof  is amazing and is pretty much the same as what people were getting plastered on at the Green Dragon Tavern in Boston while planning the American Revolution (which kinda explains the first Boston Tea Party...)

Ross C said:

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service