I don't know if you guys know about this, but there is a facebook page called Peters Tree. They have been collecting donations for about a year to get a tree planted in Pete Steeles memory. Well today, thier work payed off. This morning, an oak tree was planted in Prospect Park, in Brooklyn. There are pictures on the page, here- http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=199884000092435&am...

Views: 1668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'll give 5 bucks

next time im in Brooklyn i'll stop by. whenever i have time i stop by his grave to say hi and clean up if its messy

The head of the group announced today that it's on for the bench. Minimum donations are $10, though, through the Parks Department. There's a link on the Peters Tree page to click to donate. She's also asking for suggestions for what the plaque should say.

We knew about this. So happy to be a small part of this wonderful memorial (my mum donated for the tree and bench).

Awesome to see the photo's from the planting, makes it "real". Now all it has to do is grow big and strong like Peter.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service