i was just wondering what people would think if a  Peter Steele bio movie came out, who would you want to see playing the green man.

i honestly have no idea who would be able to do it, i mean i cant think of a current celebrity that could match Steele. actually i am not sure the guys name but he played Sabertooth in the first Xmen flick so he might be an option.

what do you all think?

oh and what would you call the movie?

Views: 599

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be interested in seeing a retrospect documentary on his life. A bio movie? That's more likely to happen years from now, Like The Doors.
First off it would have to be an Independent film cause lets face it those are better, Hollywood should not even speak Peters name. So an independent movie with actually footage on Peter like that new Doors movie would be killer and the guy playing Peter needs to be some unknown actor that is a true fan of Type O to capture the essence of the Greenman... Great discussion Mike. I have been wondering about this myself...

yeah i agree that it would have to be an independant film. i have yet to see The Doors flick but i heard that it was awesome.

and on the topic of bios, what about Layne, he has been gone for awhile now and i havent seen or heard anything of a tribute cd or anything like that.

I seem to remember VH1 did a special on him. Also the new album is dedicated to him. Problem is, Peter and Layne were good but I guess they weren't popular enough to spur interest in film industry? I dunno. From what I hear, even Anne Rice can't get any more movies made. Hollywood and record labels are running after the new kids. Lame.

Mike Hastings said:

yeah i agree that it would have to be an independant film. i have yet to see The Doors flick but i heard that it was awesome.

and on the topic of bios, what about Layne, he has been gone for awhile now and i havent seen or heard anything of a tribute cd or anything like that.

oh wow, interesting subject here...hmmm...nobody that i can think of could ever play pete's role. pete has made lil roles in like hbo's OZ for a couple of seconds, he was also in a movie called TAO OF M that was being filmed in LA when katrina hit and production has to shut down. i guess it has been finished and has been sold to syfy channel. steven blaze of lillian axe was a huge character in TAO OF M and of course it is a vampire story. but i dont know all of the ins and outs on what was done in or with the movie after katrina. but thats a whole entirely different thing.

i dont think there will ever be a production about pete. sad. but i am currently waiting for THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE or whatever to put out their documentary as it was petes last interview before that sad april day. maybe after some healing cathy, petes sister would help out on such a thing. friends. noooo girlfriends tho!!! they are all crazy it seems. lmfao. who knows. but it would be nice to one day see or read a book even based on pete. but he was so private.

Hey Mary, thats great, but as I said it would take some independent filmmaker to do it, it would be an insult for Hollywood to get their hands on it, the new Doors movie told the truth about the doors, I think the same approach should be taken with Peter and Type O... I hav e a friend Anthony who wants to actually do it.

MARY WOLFE (BloodSteele) said:

oh wow, interesting subject here...hmmm...nobody that i can think of could ever play pete's role. pete has made lil roles in like hbo's OZ for a couple of seconds, he was also in a movie called TAO OF M that was being filmed in LA when katrina hit and production has to shut down. i guess it has been finished and has been sold to syfy channel. steven blaze of lillian axe was a huge character in TAO OF M and of course it is a vampire story. but i dont know all of the ins and outs on what was done in or with the movie after katrina. but thats a whole entirely different thing.

i dont think there will ever be a production about pete. sad. but i am currently waiting for THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE or whatever to put out their documentary as it was petes last interview before that sad april day. maybe after some healing cathy, petes sister would help out on such a thing. friends. noooo girlfriends tho!!! they are all crazy it seems. lmfao. who knows. but it would be nice to one day see or read a book even based on pete. but he was so private.

i also heard that Peter was suppose to be on The Surreal Life but he turned it down, i think that was a few years ago. yeah i know what you mean Scary, Hollywood wants the new kids up on the screen and sweep the old guys under the rug, its a shame for sure.
Thank Peter, that there is people like us out here that appreciate GOOD MUSIC....... Not this I love you baby shit... I got Ice, I got MOney, I got cars.. That shit makes me soooo sick to hear on the radio, I got daughters that for the time being listen to Gaga and Kesha, You can kill me for saying this but Lady gaga is actually talented and writes her own music in its entirety and she plays instruments...But thats as far as my respect for that music goes..Its all art no matter what it is but there is good art and shit art and what we like here is the good art.

Mike Hastings said:
i also heard that Peter was suppose to be on The Surreal Life but he turned it down, i think that was a few years ago. yeah i know what you mean Scary, Hollywood wants the new kids up on the screen and sweep the old guys under the rug, its a shame for sure.
When Katrina hit, the backers for Tao of M basicly split, so its on hold. Peter was to play the vampire that sired M (full name escapes me atm). They were also going to have members of Twisted Sister playing insane Catholic Vampire hunters or something like that.

MARY WOLFE (BloodSteele) said:

Don't know how I'd feel about a movie. It would seem there's been more emphasis in the media of late on his personal issues rather than his contribution as a musician.
to make a movie as such you would need the cooperation of the band. ATM they are not even interested in a book about TON let alone Pete. It's all too fresh. If it ever happens it is not going to happen anytime soon. As it was said before, I am also looking forward to the American Nightmare

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service