I was thinking of how many bands have left their mark. Anyone close to me would know how much I admire Maynard (Tool, Puscifer, APC) for his contributions to the world of music, but I'd have to say that Type O Negative came across as the most unique and influential for me. Who's your most influential band/music artist?

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scary Carrie said:
You're crazy. I like that. My guilty pleasure as a kid was Debbie Gibson. Don't hate. Ha.

Constantin said:
Well, the band that really made a hugh impact on and in my life is Type O Negative. I like Carnivore before that and that band showed me that by creating your own sound you create your own identity on which people can relate. Out of the box music. You can listen a million times to that music and it never becomes boring. Music with body and soul....a black soul that is.

Basically everything that Peter Steele created I liked bigtime. Nowadays I discovered Seventh Void as well as band and even in my old days I appearantly discovered something new.

But my heart will always be with Type O Negative. And Vanilla Ice.

Haha LOL! Well, everybody has had their "youth crush" on some or the other band, singer of performer ; ) I was (and still am) a sucker for Duran Duran. Well, shoot me ; P
alright if you wanna go THERE......so I always had a crush on the lonmg haired guys right?...so the whole music thing started with Modern Talking when I was oh I don't know...7? Thomas Anders was just the dream then...hehe...on a serious note I can thank my sisters for introducing me to Bon Jovi. She made me listen to them every night, hence I started going to rock concerts and that's where a friend of mine threw a copied tape at me which was TON. the rest is history
Early on It was Zepplin, judas preist ( first concert haha), deep purple,megadeath, metallica late 80's early 90's... Then I fell in love with Alice I'm chains, Mad Season, TON, tool..... These days I like the new Alice, aphnd, disturbed.... I could go on and on!!
I have to mention my love for Otep. Been listening to her stuff back to back and such a strong female presence is rare at this level.
Nice choices! Tool is just otherworldly to me. Fantastic.

Priscilla said:
Early on It was Zepplin, judas preist ( first concert haha), deep purple,megadeath, metallica late 80's early 90's... Then I fell in love with Alice I'm chains, Mad Season, TON, tool..... These days I like the new Alice, aphnd, disturbed.... I could go on and on!!
You have to be able to represent your young choices. It's a process that continues through your life until you stick with the same stuff after awhile. I'm about there except for rarities like APHND and of course other Indie bands.

Sziamiau said:
alright if you wanna go THERE......so I always had a crush on the lonmg haired guys right?...so the whole music thing started with Modern Talking when I was oh I don't know...7? Thomas Anders was just the dream then...hehe...on a serious note I can thank my sisters for introducing me to Bon Jovi. She made me listen to them every night, hence I started going to rock concerts and that's where a friend of mine threw a copied tape at me which was TON. the rest is history
I totally hear what you are saying, if your happy u can play My girlfriends girlfriend and if u are pissed you can play We hate everyone and so on and so on...ery True

Ellie Jayne said:
i think most of us are gonna be biassed here! ive found lots of bands influential in different ways.. but id have to say type o have been the best. ive been a fan for 10 years and i can always find a song to relate to no matter what mood im in and i never get tired of listening
I have to agree with you Scary Carrie, i saw Type O open up for Danzig at the Armory in Buffalo in 93 or 94 and that is when i started this obsession with them, ive seen them 13 times, met the whole band, except for Sal, i got the TON symbol tattooed on my shoulder, as well as the LOA symbol.

i have always considered TON to be my "Beatles" and when Peter passed away, that really hurt, and still does.

no other band has come close to Type O for me, i mean i love Danzig, LOA, Rollins, Helmet to name a few, but the Drab Four are my boys.
Yes! Nothing will ever come close to the Drab Four. I miss them. I miss reading about their antics. I miss pictures and waiting for the new album. I never knew Peter, and I'm not one of those girls that wanted to sleep with him, but he had a gift to make people laugh, to make us dance, and to make me (at least) create.

I can't believe they weren't the most popular band in the world. This world sucks.

Mike Hastings said:
I have to agree with you Scary Carrie, i saw Type O open up for Danzig at the Armory in Buffalo in 93 or 94 and that is when i started this obsession with them, ive seen them 13 times, met the whole band, except for Sal, i got the TON symbol tattooed on my shoulder, as well as the LOA symbol.

i have always considered TON to be my "Beatles" and when Peter passed away, that really hurt, and still does.

no other band has come close to Type O for me, i mean i love Danzig, LOA, Rollins, Helmet to name a few, but the Drab Four are my boys.
Couldn't agree more, but they're just to real for the world..lol..not to many people are that successful just be being them self. And I respect and love them greatly for that*smile*

Scary Carrie said:

I can't believe they weren't the most popular band in the world. This world sucks.
I think there's a tragedy in the certain amount of self one must sell to get ahead.

Kate Barnett - RowanGingerRaven said:
Couldn't agree more, but they're just to real for the world..lol..not to many people are that successful just be being them self. And I respect and love them greatly for that*smile*

Scary Carrie said:

you know I was actually surprised that there is life after TON. Seriously we (Co and I) never expected that we would like two bands (SV and APHND) this much in such a short period of time so this is very exciting. but yeah the past is the past and it's great to reminisce about bands we liked as we were growing up. which reminds me I still wanna go and see the Crue when I have the chance and possibly take my sis to a Bon Jovi gig next year somewhere in Europe

Scary Carrie said:
You have to be able to represent your young choices. It's a process that continues through your life until you stick with the same stuff after awhile. I'm about there except for rarities like APHND and of course other Indie bands.

Sziamiau said:

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service