I was thinking of how many bands have left their mark. Anyone close to me would know how much I admire Maynard (Tool, Puscifer, APC) for his contributions to the world of music, but I'd have to say that Type O Negative came across as the most unique and influential for me. Who's your most influential band/music artist?

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think most of us are gonna be biassed here! ive found lots of bands influential in different ways.. but id have to say type o have been the best. ive been a fan for 10 years and i can always find a song to relate to no matter what mood im in and i never get tired of listening
I did appreciate the many forms of negative for TON. They've certainly gotten the most playtime in my entire life. Another second close is Danzig.



Ellie Jayne said:
i think most of us are gonna be biassed here! ive found lots of bands influential in different ways.. but id have to say type o have been the best. ive been a fan for 10 years and i can always find a song to relate to no matter what mood im in and i never get tired of listening
Type O will always hold a special place in all our hearts,from the first track I ever listened to I was completely addicted,that voice was like a warm blanket! I can't really say that of any other band they just hit the spot with me and I will always drink to Peter on Halloween,That said, I also listen to Tool, NIN,A perfect circle,seventh void,The Mission,The cure,faith no more and a lot of early depeche mode(not to keen on the new stuff).
What's been an interesting experiment is I created a Pandora station using the bands that Pete cited as his own influences. Mixed in TON of course and it actually came out good. I can hear some of the origins. Music is awesome in the fact that it is so dynamic. I know we all love Type O Negative, just curious what everyone couples with TON as "also" influential. TON seems to appeal to people in the same vein as NIN, Tool, Danzig, The Cure and another absolute love of mine, Depeche Mode so far.



CASTLEWITCH said:
Type O will always hold a special place in all our hearts,from the first track I ever listened to I was completely addicted,that voice was like a warm blanket! I can't really say that of any other band they just hit the spot with me and I will always drink to Peter on Halloween,That said, I also listen to Tool, NIN,A perfect circle,seventh void,The Mission,The cure,faith no more and a lot of early depeche mode(not to keen on the new stuff).
FOr me its Three bands, Type O Negative, Life of Agony and Metallica those three have gotten the most playtime in my car, room , on my guitar more than any other band ever..for the last little while its just been Seventh Void, APHND,LOA, Spoiler NYC and TON.. I think it will remain that way for years to come...
Type O Negative
Pantera
Megadeth
Vision of Disorder
The Misfits
Slayer
Face To Face
Boy Sets Fire
Shadows Fall
Sam Black Church
Yea Type O and NIN have been big in my life, actually I got NIN on my arm as my first Tattoo..Its all faded now Iw as 15 at the time ...

Scary Carrie said:
What's been an interesting experiment is I created a Pandora station using the bands that Pete cited as his own influences. Mixed in TON of course and it actually came out good. I can hear some of the origins. Music is awesome in the fact that it is so dynamic. I know we all love Type O Negative, just curious what everyone couples with TON as "also" influential. TON seems to appeal to people in the same vein as NIN, Tool, Danzig, The Cure and another absolute love of mine, Depeche Mode so far.



CASTLEWITCH said:
Type O will always hold a special place in all our hearts,from the first track I ever listened to I was completely addicted,that voice was like a warm blanket! I can't really say that of any other band they just hit the spot with me and I will always drink to Peter on Halloween,That said, I also listen to Tool, NIN,A perfect circle,seventh void,The Mission,The cure,faith no more and a lot of early depeche mode(not to keen on the new stuff).
Type O Negative
The Cure
Switchblade Symphony
My Dying Bride
Johnny Cash
Life Of Agony
Anthrax
TON
Metallica
Alice In Chains
few more to name
Kyuss
Depeche Mode
The Cure
Godflesh
Paradise Lost
just few :)
The first ones for me were the great "classics" like Jimmy Hendrix, Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple, but the most influential ones are definitely Metallica, Life Of Agony, Dream Theater, and a lot of classical music, for example Edward Grieg.
I would have to say Black Sabbath,Life Of Agony,Pantera,Led Zepplin,Tool,Type O Negative,Faith Know More,Deftones.
Type O
In Flames
Deftones

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service