So, one of my coworkers came into my office today while I was jamming APHND on my laptop.  He stops in from time to time and shoots the shit and today informed me about how him and his now-ex broke up this past weekend.  I'll be honest, I really didn't care, but just kept say "Oh yeah?" and "That sucks!".  After a little while, he told me about how he sat around most of the weekend listening to "F**K YOU!" music.  Then the lightbulb went off!  I sat him down and played "As Black As My Heart", "Bad Dream" and "When Crows Descend Upon You" and he dug the shit out of it!  Got us another listener and he wrote down the web address so he can pull it up back at the house.  Also, sent him a request, but not sure if he's the type to sign up, but I tried anyway.

Got me to thinking about all the songs I listen to when I'm good and pissed off at the opposite sex.  I've had my heart ripped out a few times and I always found that "Too Late: Frozen" or "We Hate Everyone" usually does the trick for me.  What do you guys LOVE to put in when you HATE?

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's still difficult for me to listen to "Die With Me".  I've gotten over it years ago and I'm married to a wonderful woman, but that song brings back memories that make me want to go find a certain someone and cut her brake line with a hand grenade.
There was a time when I couldn't listen to The Cure, but that too passed. **grins**

Ross C said:
It's still difficult for me to listen to "Die With Me".  I've gotten over it years ago and I'm married to a wonderful woman, but that song brings back memories that make me want to go find a certain someone and cut her brake line with a hand grenade.
The Cure always made me sad.  They could play the Cure at an amusement park and it would make me depressed and want to leave!  HEHE.  Not because they suck, but they just always kind of brought me down.  I will listen to them if they are playing, but I can say I've never went out of my way to purchase a cd or download an album.  Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong songs.
Speaking of the devil, we were at a Cuban beach-style bar last night. Just as we're leaving the barman put a Cure CD on. With "Boys Don't Cry" ringing in my ears, I left... But not without those first heady days replaying in my head. Gah. Sometimes remembering stuff fills me with a sweet sadness. The only Cure songs that I can really listen to without feeling blegh are "The Hanging Garden" and "Lovecats". As for the rest...

Ross C said:
The Cure always made me sad.  They could play the Cure at an amusement park and it would make me depressed and want to leave!  HEHE.  Not because they suck, but they just always kind of brought me down.  I will listen to them if they are playing, but I can say I've never went out of my way to purchase a cd or download an album.  Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong songs.
Ok, well now I'm going to have to go listen to those two songs and see if they make me want to grow my hair in front of my eyes and scream at my parents for no reason!  JK
I think I just fell off my chair...

Ross C said:
Ok, well now I'm going to have to go listen to those two songs and see if they make me want to grow my hair in front of my eyes and scream at my parents for no reason!  JK
That's just the one thing I could not get into is Emo.  I don't like the style, fashion, or music of that entire genre.  Just doesn't make sense to me at all.  And that was the big thing just a few years ago.  Still somewhat popular.  I just never had a desire to wear my sister's pants, a shirt one size too small, and sing about busted relationships ALL DAY.  Not my bag.
Is Emo still knocking around? You know, the young people of today... **waves walking stick in a vague general direction above her head, narrowly missing the light fittings**

Ross C said:
That's just the one thing I could not get into is Emo.  I don't like the style, fashion, or music of that entire genre.  Just doesn't make sense to me at all.  And that was the big thing just a few years ago.  Still somewhat popular.  I just never had a desire to wear my sister's pants, a shirt one size too small, and sing about busted relationships ALL DAY.  Not my bag.

Ross, I have entire playlists devoted to hate. I love hate as an emotion because I can channel it into other projects. 

Third Realm, TON, Carnivore, DEAD IMAGE (addicted I confess), Ministry, Tool (especially classic Tool), Pantera, NIN, ISIS (classic ISIS), Danzig.

There's so much more but those come to mind immediately. (especially classic Tool)

I really need to listen to more Slayer. I'm a bit of a Janet-come-lately to some of the classic metal out there.

Emo is vinyl and mesh, Goth is leather and velvet.

I think the best differential is Emos hate themselves. Goths hate everyone.

I like real shit, not imagined catastrophes.

Nerine Dorman said:

Is Emo still knocking around? You know, the young people of today... **waves walking stick in a vague general direction above her head, narrowly missing the light fittings**

Ross C said:
I think most of my issues were imagined when I was in my late teens. I **wanted** to be messed up. Then the real shit happened and I knew what real pain felt like. Though I think my mother's DIY exorcism when I was 21 was pretty shite to start with. Rebellion is akin to witchcraft, blah-blah-blah...

Scary Carrie said:

Emo is vinyl and mesh, Goth is leather and velvet.

I think the best differential is Emos hate themselves. Goths hate everyone.

I like real shit, not imagined catastrophes.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service