So, one of my coworkers came into my office today while I was jamming APHND on my laptop.  He stops in from time to time and shoots the shit and today informed me about how him and his now-ex broke up this past weekend.  I'll be honest, I really didn't care, but just kept say "Oh yeah?" and "That sucks!".  After a little while, he told me about how he sat around most of the weekend listening to "F**K YOU!" music.  Then the lightbulb went off!  I sat him down and played "As Black As My Heart", "Bad Dream" and "When Crows Descend Upon You" and he dug the shit out of it!  Got us another listener and he wrote down the web address so he can pull it up back at the house.  Also, sent him a request, but not sure if he's the type to sign up, but I tried anyway.

Got me to thinking about all the songs I listen to when I'm good and pissed off at the opposite sex.  I've had my heart ripped out a few times and I always found that "Too Late: Frozen" or "We Hate Everyone" usually does the trick for me.  What do you guys LOVE to put in when you HATE?

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best quote ever!!!!

Scary Carrie said:

I think the best differential is Emos hate themselves. Goths hate everyone.

DIY exorcism?  I know those kind of people.  And the kids that have grown up in the environment.  Most of them became musicians or artists in some fashion or another.
Thank you sir. When pressed to explain to someone once, I came up with that. It works.

Ross C said:
Best quote ever!!!!

Scary Carrie said:

I think the best differential is Emos hate themselves. Goths hate everyone.

Oh, I promise you, it happens.  It happens A LOT!  You may never hear us talking about it or making a big deal like most women do, but it happens.
I think guys just go out, do some crazy stuff and move on. But the thing is, anyone who's had a serious heartbreak, had a deep rusty-knifed betrayal, may end up with festering wounds that can take years to heal. As my ma always said: "Go out, get a haircut, start a new job or do something completely out of character, but most importantly, go forth and meet new people and keep busy!"

Ross C said:
Oh, I promise you, it happens.  It happens A LOT!  You may never hear us talking about it or making a big deal like most women do, but it happens.

It stays with guys for a long time, too.  The thing is, most guy just don't vocalize their emotions.  Not to say all guys don't, but most do not.  And also, most men have the divine quality to push things out of their minds and forget about them.  That is, until, they see that person again or, God forbid, have the chance to get back with the person that broke their hearts in the first place.

That's how guys work.  I've had my heart ripped out good at least twice.  Looking back, most were because I was young and just thought I had been worked over.  Two of them though, were outright murder.  But, I learned and moved forward. 

Going off on a tangent here: I think what has always been the most difficult for me to cope with has been having guys I like as friends get nasty because I just couldn't return the physical affection and have a full relationship. I've always been "one of the guys" but then it gets complicated when some of them have developed feelings... And I end up being painted out to be the bitch. I often joke and say I'm a gay guy trapped in a woman's body. I just don't get on with chicks. I really don't. I've always done guy things until it gets pointed out that there are certain anatomical differences that invariably lead to trouble. Oddly the guys I've dated have all looked very feminine... But I've left a fair amount of debris in my wake, though not intentionally.

Ok, not that I know your situation and or you personally, but from my experience, I LOVE it when a woman is straight forward and honest.  I don't like to play games like "What do you want to eat tonight?", "Do you really want to go to that party?" or my personal Hell - "Do what you want."  Seriously, I'm a grown man and don't have time for that bullshit.  I can't stand that most women say one thing and mean another.  Or that they simply test you to see what you will do.  Now, I love not having to deal with that.  In that sense, I love a woman that is straight forward.

Now, here is what I hate about that.  When a woman tells me all the time just how much she digs me or how she can't stand to be away from me.  Ok, that has come close to borderline stalker a time or two.  My wife tells me she loves me all the time.  My wife will call and tell me she misses me if I haven't seen her in a day or so. We have also been married almost 3 years.  But when someone I've been dating for less than a year tells me she misses me when I just seen her 5 hours ago.......red lights start going off in my head.  Because 9 times out of 10, they are crazy. 

I'm not saying you are doing any of these and please don't think I'm talking about any of you personally, this is just my side of the coin based entirely of past experiences. 

On the flipside I've had crazy stalker guys who'd phone me EVERY day at exactly the same time then act all hurt when I was miffed at being disturbed. I had (and still have) a hectic work schedule. Unless someone has mailed me to say, "Hey, can we skype?" I generally DON'T welcome random callers. Hell, my husband doesn't like it when I call him at work. I respect that. Likewise, friends are welcome to hang at my house but they mustn't be surprised if I vanish to my computer to catch up with edits or writing for an hour at a time. 

Ironically the most contact I have with folks is online. I know this is no substitute for real human contact but I honestly prefer the distance offered by a virtual forum. I'm surrounded by people all day at work. 

I get enough people time hanging out with my writers' group every so often or the bi-weekly film production meetings my husband ends up subjecting me to. Most of my friends are all people who "do stuff", be it making music, indie films, photography or writing books. I just don't get on with people who don't "do stuff"...

And it's the people who don't "do stuff" who end up being slightly barmy.

Okay, I'm frothing a bit. 

Hehe, I miss hearing that dialect! Not poking fun, but I once dated a girl from Johannesburg when i was in high school.  I have not heard anyone refer to another human as "barmy" since we broke up 13 years ago! 

But on to your point, which is the definition of nuts.  I know guys that are just like that.  I've got friends that are like that, too.  The worst thing is when I invite a friend over to hang out, and I can't catch up or spend time with him because he is CONSTANTLY on the phone, texting, Facebooking, or Tweeting with his girlfriend.  Drives me crazy.  What's the point in you even coming over to hang out?  They are just fucking barmy!  (Had to sneak that one in!)

You must just tune them, my china. **grins**

But in all seriousness, my best friends are the ones who'll happily entertain themselves if we're together for more than an hour. I have two kinds of social engagements... Cocktail parties... or just vegging. And it's the just vegging, when folks will casually drift out to the balcony for a fag or doze on the couch... or watch films... Or even go for a walk. Those are the best.

I can't stand people who need to be entertained all the time.

Ross C said:

Hehe, I miss hearing that dialect! Not poking fun, but I once dated a girl from Johannesburg when i was in high school.  I have not heard anyone refer to another human as "barmy" since we broke up 13 years ago! 

I usually listen to unsuccessfully coping with the natural beauty of infidelity that song just hits the spot

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service