Look, we love all that is Metal.  I would rather have my eardrums stroked by APHND or Type O than eardrum rapped by Lil Wayne.  But, we all have that one band.  That one band that we owned their cd at one time, and hid it under the drivers seat of our car so no one would find it!  Own up, people!  I'll be the first one to admit it;

Hi, my name is Ross and I have Tom Waits on my Ipod. 

Views: 1099

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My other guilty pleasure! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVg9GcUDArQ

I'd recommend "Some Great Reward". It's one of my favorite releases by them. It's dark and showcases them at the height of their musical experimentation. They literally were banging on all kinds of stuff and sampling it for music. It has the heaviest atmosphere out of all the albums they've put out.

Ross C said:
It actually made me want to check out other songs from that album at least.  I guess I need to go research that album and other works by them.  It's not that I dislike them or anything, just one of those bands I never tried or gave a decent shot to.
I will look into that tonight.  I finally started running on the treadmill again, so I now have dedicated time to try out new music.  This will be my new one for tonight.
Also, this thread is now the first one to have 100 replies!  Happy Birthday, Guilty Pleasures Discussion!  WOO HOO!

Let's make it go to over 9000.

I'll go ahead and step in the confessional booth again. I used to know every word of the Lion King soundtrack by heart. Same with Jesus Christ: Superstar. Would I listen to them now? You bet your ass I would.

The Lion King?  Not sure how I feel about that.  I mean, it's awesome being the Lion King and all, but I thought there was only one song in that entire movie! LOL!

Haha! There are lots of songs in that movie. I think the reason I even liked it was because Elton John was involved.

I had an Elton John tape once. I think it was the Made in England album instead of one of the more well-known albums from earlier on. I played that tape until it broke. I did that to a lot of tapes though.

At least that is what happened to my Ace of Base tape (possible intervention from the Metal gods). I got a lot of guilty pleasures from back in the day. I got a lot of skeletons in my closet and their rattling is starting to sound like a porch inundated with bamboo wind chimes.

Filter and 311.

filter.... not so much guilt.

but if i have 311 on in the car i will turn it down at stops so nobody else can hear it.

Dude, 311 are some very talented musicians.  A few of my friends are big into them and go to New Orleans every 4-20 to see them play for 18 hours or whatever.  I have much respect for them on a musician level, that's for sure.

Filter isn't too bad.  Some of their old stuff was pretty good.  Haven't listened to them in years.

Ace Of Base.......not so much!

Okay, I'll admit that I had a passing fascination for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack when I was 12... But then I started listening to Queen and my road to damnation was tarred by Brian May's guitar playing.

Ok, if we are going to talk soundtracks here, then you all know and can agree that at one point in time, we all rocked the shit out of the soundtrack to the Labyrinth!  No one on here has a gnats hair on their ass if they can't admit to at one time singing the words:

"You remind me of the babe
What babe?
The babe with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who do?
You do!
Do what?
You remind me of the babe!"

Everyone knows it's true.  I don't know any metal head that can't admit to enjoying that movie or the soundtrack.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service