Look, we love all that is Metal.  I would rather have my eardrums stroked by APHND or Type O than eardrum rapped by Lil Wayne.  But, we all have that one band.  That one band that we owned their cd at one time, and hid it under the drivers seat of our car so no one would find it!  Own up, people!  I'll be the first one to admit it;

Hi, my name is Ross and I have Tom Waits on my Ipod. 

Views: 1100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a very bizarre polar opposite collection. On one hand is really agressive music ranging from 80's/90's thrash music and industrial music like Ministry, Das Ich, Siechtum. On the other hand is really REALLY lame 80's New Wave music like Depeche Mode, The Cure, OMD, Duran Duran. Not so much a guilty pleasure though, as I couldn't give a damn who knows what I like (hence me posting here about it.)

I believe now that everyone has voiced their hidden loves in music, we have all taken to not giving a shit about who knows it now.  And the great thing is, no one has been thrown under the bus for liking something out of the ordinary (even the Thompson Twins! Really?!?!)  But it's good to see a different style inside everyone.  Because over the years with my experience, most "MetalHeads" hear something different and the general response is "What the fuck is the pussy shit?" or something along those lines.

At least this thread goes to show that not all headbangers are not meatheads and simpleminded.  Having a wide taste in music shows that each and every one of you can enjoy any style as long as it's good.  And that is an awesome attribute to obtain.

Ah, now Das Ich is a band I haven't given a listen to in a very long while. Some great club daze memories there.

Adam L. said:
I have a very bizarre polar opposite collection. On one hand is really agressive music ranging from 80's/90's thrash music and industrial music like Ministry, Das Ich, Siechtum. On the other hand is really REALLY lame 80's New Wave music like Depeche Mode, The Cure, OMD, Duran Duran. Not so much a guilty pleasure though, as I couldn't give a damn who knows what I like (hence me posting here about it.)
Ahh, Ministry LOVE them! Duran Duran The Cure Depeche Mode ah my sister was really into duran duran and depeche mode, they have some great songs yup yup! I wouldn't call your music collection bizarre Mr Adam L.

Adam L. said:
I suppose you have to keep in mind that my thrash tendencies (Slayer, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Pantera, White Zombie, etc.) was what the friends I had at the time also listened to, and was ALL they listened to. From their perspective they could not possibly comprehend why the hell one minute I'd be listening to Slayer "Reign In Blood", and the next minute singing along to Depeche Mode "Shake the Disease". *laugh*
I had the same friends.  It was either heavy metal or nothing.  Some are still like that, but the most of them can now appreciate different styles.
I have friends like these too... But some have black metal bands and listen to Duran Duran and Prince when are at home hehe
And I have some friends that are the exact opposite.  I have a buddy who will listen to Iced Earth only when his wife is not home! LOL!

So today 2/24/11, I was turned on to a new band.  I'm not sure what to think about it, but it's very old school soul rock.  It's a band called Fritz and the Tantrums.  I think they may be my new guilty pleasure.  I kind of dig that old sound.  Read an interview today where the guy refuses to put guitar in his songs!  LOL!  Weird guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6cBKE3WzQ

Never was in to Depeche Mode, but a friend of mine had a song of theirs pop up on his iPod yesterday and I was kind of getting in to it.  It was called "Strangelove" or strange-something.  I can't remember.  But it was pretty cool, anyway.
Yup, it's called Strangelove. Cool tune. (I'm a bit biased though since I've liked them since like... 1983 or so.)
It actually made me want to check out other songs from that album at least.  I guess I need to go research that album and other works by them.  It's not that I dislike them or anything, just one of those bands I never tried or gave a decent shot to.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service