Look, we love all that is Metal.  I would rather have my eardrums stroked by APHND or Type O than eardrum rapped by Lil Wayne.  But, we all have that one band.  That one band that we owned their cd at one time, and hid it under the drivers seat of our car so no one would find it!  Own up, people!  I'll be the first one to admit it;

Hi, my name is Ross and I have Tom Waits on my Ipod. 

Views: 1100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ross i cant believe how much this post is getting me to admit my guilty pleasures, aside from the metal bands that i liked, i also liked Duran Duran and The Thompson Twins....shoot me now, and yes if by chance either of these bands are played on the radio i do sing along. good god

Mike, I really do cherish our newfound friendship in music, movies and APHND.  But from this point forward, I will remind you of the Thompson Twins on a regular basis! LOL!

I can't give you shit about Duran Duran though.  That I will join you on and get made fun of for.  I still think that a heavy cover of Hungry Like A Wolf would be bad ass!  Wait!  I'm putting that in the covers thread! 

Hell i had every Beastie Boy cassette as a kid and still listen to 'em every once in a while, but i'm from Brooklyn so it's ok...right ? :)
thank you Ross, i blame you for me admitting my Thompson Twins problem.

Ross C said:

Mike, I really do cherish our newfound friendship in music, movies and APHND.  But from this point forward, I will remind you of the Thompson Twins on a regular basis! LOL!

I can't give you shit about Duran Duran though.  That I will join you on and get made fun of for.  I still think that a heavy cover of Hungry Like A Wolf would be bad ass!  Wait!  I'm putting that in the covers thread! 

Hi, my name is Jeff and I have the B-52's and Russell Crowe/TOFOG on my MP3.

JDG

TOFOG!  You just blew my mind, sir!
LOL!  Russell Crowe/TOFOG's 'What's her name?' is actually a really great song, I think.  Highly underrated.

Ross C said:
TOFOG!  You just blew my mind, sir!
I remember only hearing one song by them and I can't remember the name of it now or how it goes.  Now I'm going to go back and listen to that song, just because the universe requires me to at this point!
Does the first 2 B-52 albums on vinyl count?

Not only does it count, it should be considered a hat trick and automatically score you 3 points.  So far, the winners in my book are TOFOG, the Thompson Twins, and now the B52's first album.  Now I suppose I need to claim on more, seeing how Tom Waits is the only one I owned up to on the original post. 

My deep secret?  My iPod is has the entire discography of Sarah McLachlan on it.  When I was 14, the girl I was dating at the time was HUGE into her (no pun intended) and after years of being forced to listen to it, I started singing along.  Then I found myself buying one of her albums AFTER we had broken up.  Then, I got the iPhone and just went nuts.  I feel like there is a big hole punched in the center of my MAN-card.

Bobby Brown II said:

Ah cool, was afraid I might have had to add The Knack and Devo to my list to get points- both of which I saw in concert (different shows).  Actually I consider having varying tastes in music a good thing and know a lot of people who's favorite style is metal, but still like a change from time to time

Ross C said:

Not only does it count, it should be considered a hat trick and automatically score you 3 points.  So far, the winners in my book are TOFOG, the Thompson Twins, and now the B52's first album.  Now I suppose I need to claim on more, seeing how Tom Waits is the only one I owned up to on the original post. 

My deep secret?  My iPod is has the entire discography of Sarah McLachlan on it.  When I was 14, the girl I was dating at the time was HUGE into her (no pun intended) and after years of being forced to listen to it, I started singing along.  Then I found myself buying one of her albums AFTER we had broken up.  Then, I got the iPhone and just went nuts.  I feel like there is a big hole punched in the center of my MAN-card.

Bobby Brown II said:

I'm with you on having an eclectic taste in music.  I love TON, APHND, Tool, and Pantera, but I also listen to a lot of Tom Waits, Sarah McLachlan, Weezer, Johnny Cash, Sublime, and even a little Gnarls Barkley (rarely).  I just can't get deep into rap or country.  I do know I listed one "rapper" and a country legend, but that's as far into those genres as I can get.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service