Look, we love all that is Metal.  I would rather have my eardrums stroked by APHND or Type O than eardrum rapped by Lil Wayne.  But, we all have that one band.  That one band that we owned their cd at one time, and hid it under the drivers seat of our car so no one would find it!  Own up, people!  I'll be the first one to admit it;

Hi, my name is Ross and I have Tom Waits on my Ipod. 

Views: 1099

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I guess, now It's my turn... well... I'm listening to ABBA since I'm 4 years old. Nowadays not very often, but there are 1 or 2 songs on every mix-cd I compile. ;P

I don't feel any guilt about music I like.  I own everything from Enya to Slayer to Johnny Cash to Akon.  Not really into Akon though.  I think Black Eyed Peas are pretty catchy.  Never thought I would like country, but now I really enjoy Johnny Cash & Hank3.

Type O are by far my favorite band.  Goth & Industrial are my favorite overall styles.

Not sure if this is a guilty pleasure, but I love Ghost. I think APHND and them would make a killer 2/3rds of a bill.

GHOST live at Hellfest 2011 from Hellfest on Vimeo.

I'm going to get the chance of seeing them 3 times in November and December with In Flames and Trivium.

Derek said:

Not sure if this is a guilty pleasure, but I love Ghost. I think APHND and them would make a killer 2/3rds of a bill.

GHOST live at Hellfest 2011 from Hellfest on Vimeo.

I listen to everything openly! a couple of my favorites currently is Hank Williams Sr. and Hank III
Hank 3's great.  Looking forward to the concert later this month.
I wouldn't class them as a guilty pleasure but they sure are not metal. Two bands/artists that get my head bobbing and feet tapping are Pendulum and Deadmau5. I've even had the glow sticks twirling at a Pendulum gig :)
Speaking of Hank III, have you guys seen the documentary called The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia?  HOLY SHIT!  If not, stop what you are doing right now and go watch it.  Netflix has it streaming still I believe.  Trust me when I say that you are cheating yourself if you have not seen it yet.   Hank III is in it for a while.

Ok...I generally hate country music but I LOVE Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline.  They had amazing voices. 

Great suggestion.  Watched it last night.  The parts w/ H3 were pretty cool.  That tap dancing sounds like it should've been part of the songs.  The movie was like watching an episode of Cops, but w/ no cops and lots of background.  It was funny, at one point there was a scene that showed a pillow with some sort of leopard on it in the background.  I looked over and saw the same pillow sitting on my couch.

Ross C said:
Speaking of Hank III, have you guys seen the documentary called The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia?  HOLY SHIT!  If not, stop what you are doing right now and go watch it.  Netflix has it streaming still I believe.  Trust me when I say that you are cheating yourself if you have not seen it yet.   Hank III is in it for a while.
Elton John kicks ass
 I'm a total audiophile- will listen to just about anything. Right now, my collection includes Melissa Etheridge, B-52's,Frank Sinatra, Blackmore's Night, King Crimson, London Philharmonic does Mozart, Ramones, Motley Crue, Jethro Tull, Chicago, and Dr. Demento's 20th Anniversary Collection.

My first concert was a country show my mother took me to. Loretta Lynn, Porter Wagner, Flatt and Scruggs, and a ton of other oldies. I wasn't about to do something like that to my own kids, so the first concert I took them to was Weird Al Yankovic( Amish Paradise tour). LOL  Thier second was Crue Fest 2, and for the past 2 years, I've taken them to the Mayhem Festivals.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service