i am still totally blown away by Sal's vocals on this cd, i just want to know what other drummers do you know stepped out from behind the drum kit and stood in the front as a vocalist.

Dave Grohl is definitely one of the best, and what about Phil Collins from Genesis?

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bon Scott was originally a drummer. He never played drums for anyone famous, but when he met AC/DC he asked them if they were looking for a drummer. I can't remember the exact details, but AC/DC had just ditched Dave Evans and were looking for a vocalist. Bon was looking for a drum gig but stepped up as vox regardless.
Dave Ghrol from Nirvana, and Myself..lol
i did not know that about Bon Scott, very cool

Brent C. said:
Bon Scott was originally a drummer. He never played drums for anyone famous, but when he met AC/DC he asked them if they were looking for a drummer. I can't remember the exact details, but AC/DC had just ditched Dave Evans and were looking for a vocalist. Bon was looking for a drum gig but stepped up as vox regardless.
Dave Grohl was good inspiration for me to do it.
as soon as i heard Dave Grohl sing that B-side song, i think that it was MV or something like that, but anyways, when i heard his vocals i just knew that he was going to go out on his own. the only reason why i liked Nirvana was Grohl.

Sal Abruscato said:
Dave Grohl was good inspiration for me to do it.

David Gold from Woods of Ypres - started out as the drummer, then doing guitar and vocals.

Good stuff, partly inspired by Type O.

Karen Carpenter...but I think she remained the drummer while singing ;-P

Didn't Layne Staley play drums before he decided to become a singer?

i think that you might be right, i think i heard that, not 100% sure

MoGo said:

Didn't Layne Staley play drums before he decided to become a singer?

Ronny Munroe- formerly of Metal Church and Lillian Axe originally played drums for a local Seattle area band

Wasn't Josh Homme Drummer with Kyuss before forming QOSTA

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service