I personally think the title should go to Jim (the Doors) for best lyrics. 

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maynard! Roger Waters! Martin Gore!
WELL, THIS ONE IS QUITE EASY...PETRUS T. RATAJCZYK. HELL, WHILE WE ARE AT IT, MAY AS WELL NAME HIS BEST SINGER EVER ALSO!!!
Tairrie B Murphy from My Ruin. I typically refrain from picking one above all others, but so many of her lyrics struck cords within in me the first time I heard them. So much so that I use one of them as my quote in email and on networking sites: "I won't pretend to be your friend, cause I'm just not that nice."

i know people might laugh when i say who i think it is, Elton John and his writing partner whose name escapes me right now.

but also Lennon/McCartney, Morrison fit in there as well.

There was a man named Petrus Thomas Ratajczyk whom hailed from the northern lands of Vinnland, just southwest of Cobble Hill. He was a great lyricist.

Another man whom had achieved much success in his career was Bon Scott. He is another favorite.

Last but not least is the Unknown Hinson. Not known for such hits as "I aint afraid of your husband" and "Satan in a thong".

I agree that Jim was a great poet, but I also like lyrics Bon Scott wrote and, of course, Petrus =)
There's too many for me to narrow it down to just one. But here's a few of my favorites - Neil Pert(sp), Lennon-Mcartney, Peter Townsend, Peter Steele, and somebody that's probably pretty underrated, but writes some cool lyrics - Steve Blaze, also not too bad on guitar. There's also this Sal Abruscato guy that's coming up with some nice stuff recently
i agree with you bobby brown, i cant believe i forgot about the great Neil Peart of RUSH, the man is insanely smart and a genius to writing lyrics

Bobby Brown II said:
There's too many for me to narrow it down to just one. But here's a few of my favorites - Neil Pert(sp), Lennon-Mcartney, Peter Townsend, Peter Steele, and somebody that's probably pretty underrated, but writes some cool lyrics - Steve Blaze, also not too bad on guitar. There's also this Sal Abruscato guy that's coming up with some nice stuff recently
Apparently I forgot the A in Peart-lol

Mike Hastings said:
i agree with you bobby brown, i cant believe i forgot about the great Neil Peart of RUSH, the man is insanely smart and a genius to writing lyrics

Bobby Brown II said:

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service