For me, I'd have to say When Crows Descend Upon You and Die Alone, not only for the poignant lyrics, but it leaves me with this underlying, subtle feeling that "everything's gonna be alright" kind of thing, as perverse as that may sound.

When I first heard news of Peter passing away in 2010 I was utterly gutted, as I'm sure everyone else here was. But now, having the original drummer from TON coming out with material like this, with TON's second drummer as the drummer for this project, it feels like Peter lives on. Like the family is back together and Peter exists (somewhere) as a guide. You have lyrics and music that have a very similar vibe to that of TON, and Sal absolutely rocks it live, conjuring up great memories with the promise of many more to come. Add the song title/lyrics of When Crows Descend Upon You to the album cover, and it's just this amazing audio/visual combination that really takes a lot of heart and effort to pull off. It was like, bam, here's APHND out of nowhere. I've never honestly put on a record and immediately thought "yes, I love this," but I did with And Hell Will Follow Me. Those final two tracks are just like... jesus Sal, where the fuck did that come from?!

I really hope the next record picks up from where this one left off, and those depressing, creepy, long slow dirges of songs continue to show up. This could have quite literally been an EP of just those two tracks and I'd have been happy.

Anyway, enough blabbering. Which song, or songs, most resonate with you personally? And for what reasons? If it's too personal don't feel obliged to go into great depth. \m/

Tags: alone, crows, descend, die, favorite, peter, songs, steele, upon, when, More…you

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And what you speak of means so much to us!

Sal Abruscato said:
What you guys speak of means so much to me.
Serial Killer......just always had a fasination with serial killers and what goes on in their minds.
As Black As My Heart. I've been through many periods during my life when this would have been a perfect description of my feelings- especially the part  that says" I burn myself and I feel numb,And I wake up I see a dead sky."

To Die In Your Arms also grabs me. I've been married almost 22 years now, and I still remember,in detail, having a dream a few days before we got married where I died in my husbands arms.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service