I'm kind of a nerd for gear. I'm always interested in what kind of equipment bands use for recording and live showes. Can you explain some of your main guitars, basses, amps, drums, etc....?

Others feel free to post pics/share their gear, too!

Views: 655

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I used a Schecter limited solo 6 and a Gibson Les Paul on the album. I am kind of possessive when it comes to spilling the secrets of our album sounds. Tama drums Sabian Cymbals, Fender P Bass.
Ignore the old lady holding it, but here's my newest baby: ESP Ltd 5 string bass. I love it so much.

awsome

Cool. I do really love the tone on the disc. Sounds very vibrant, crisp, and defined. I'm pretty sure Kenny sports a Schecter Solo 6. I prefer the LP, though.

Sal Abruscato said:
Well I used a Schecter limited solo 6 and a Gibson Les Paul on the album. I am kind of possessive when it comes to spilling the secrets of our album sounds. Tama drums Sabian Cymbals, Fender P Bass.

---------------------------------------------------------

very nice! i just got some dr black beauties for my 4 string. LOVE THEM.

Scary Carrie said:

Ignore the old lady holding it, but here's my newest baby: ESP Ltd 5 string bass. I love it so much.

Greeting Gear Fiends

Old Gibson Sonex (1980) with seymour duncan Pick ups. Schecter Solo-6 Hellraise (2010) with active pick ups. Hagstrom DF (2009), Gibson Thunderbird Bass, Dual Rectifier, Yamaha reissue SGV-800 (2000), Mosrite Combo (1966), a Vox Tempest 12 string electric (1967), Godin (1991) 12 string accoustic, a Samick Beaumont D712 (accoustic) and other pits and pieces and parts and .................. just a taste.

left to right:

Washburn Oscar Schmidt OE30 Delta King - Strung 10-52 tuned to Open C (CGCGCe). Sounds a bit thin. Thinking about putting some jazzy pickups in.

Piece of crap MIM Squire Tele: Strung 10-52  tuned to Open C. Updated with new tuners, new pots, new wiring, new Dimarzio pickups. Can't remember what the bridge pup is but the neck is the True Velvet and it is AMAZING.

anonymous Explorer. Strung with D'addario EJ22's 13-56 tuned to B standard. Got it used for $200. Don't know who made it but it's got a set neck, double truss neck, string through body. Wiring was crap but the pickups were alright. Changed them out last year for Seymour Duncan's. SH-2 in the neck and an SH-4 in the bridge. I've read this was Dave Mustaine's set up back in the late 80's-90's. Nice sharp punch to them.

Yamaha RBX170 Bass. Strung with DR Black Beauties 50-110. Tuned to BEAG. An inexpensive bass. It's got a 34 1/2 inch scale and the Black Beauties sound amazingly good and feel great.

EDIT: Here's a sample of the Explorer (in Open C) and the bass (cgcg) a few months ago: Open C Thrash

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service