Just out of curiosity – and not really expecting the guys to use it ;-) – how would you name the next APHND album? Or are there any unsung song titles you would really like to be out in the light? Go ahead.

My first suggestions: "Heaven went..." and "Taste the pale". :-)

Cheers!

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Taste the pale? lol Really?!
No, not really, Derek. But without its double meaning it's not all that bad. ;-)

Derek said:
Taste the pale? lol Really?!
I can't wait until the new album!! Hmm Taste the pale :) \m/

"Conquest. War. Famine."

Since the first record is based off the Pale/Green horse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse#Pale_o...

Pale or Green Horse

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Have the next album be a concept record of sorts, following the actions and ramifications of the other three horsemen: White (Conquest), Red (War) and Black (Famine), mixed in with other similar themes.

“Come and see" from the revelation 6:1-2, i remember it from Johnny Cash's When the man comes around.
Cool stuff!

(When I first heard the band's name, I also saw the biblical reference but I have to admit that the video game "Red Dead Redemption" also came to mind – the 4 horses are a side quest of the game. ;-) )
This is kinda tricky to come up with something that sounds good and would fit with the band as there have been plenty albums with great names that would suit APHND but I would imagine Sal wanting something original. My twopenneth: Hellbound

Also a nice one!

Actually "Twopenneth" itself would make an interesting title...

Murder of Crows
I posed this question to a couple of people and got back some interesting responses. My favorite though, was " A Darker Shade Of Black".
Nice. Come on, let us know the rest of the responses... :-)
Conqueror The Demons!!!!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service