On a project also, but curious which guitarists (all kinds) move you? Peter Steele is definitely a shining example, and I always have loved John Christ's work (Danzig). There are hundreds more, but that'll do for my starting line-up. Discuss!

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, for me its a pure mixture, I like classical guitar, Nicolo Paganini mostly (Caprice No.24) Can be played on the guitar but ya gotta be real good to play that. Kirk Hammet, Dimebag Darryl, Joe Satriani, Kenny Hickey of course and Newly for showing his ability to be a versatile musician Sal, I am a drummer turned guitarist myself so i can respoect that...
Considering Peter played bass..but I get your point. I would go with:

Dime
Dutkiewicz
Mustaine
Spitz
Heafy
Schleibaum (Darkest Hour)
Waggoner (Between The Buried And Me)

Watch Waggoner here - around the 2 minute mark he lets it rip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5W2xpgy88
Well all kinds was my point for sure. In that focus, Johnette Napolitano is capable on both. This should be a fun thread. I'm enjoying your examples. I'll post the piece I found on Christ awhile back if I can find it again.

Derek Showerman said:

Dime
Dutkiewicz
Mustaine
Spitz
Heafy

Watch Waggoner here - around the 2 minute mark he lets it rip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5W2xpgy88
I love this! This is great stuff Derek!

Derek Showerman said:

Dime
Dutkiewicz
Mustaine
Spitz
Heafy

Peter Steele for amazing creation of bass sound. His thoughts about how a bass should sound like, plus the method how he played his bass is unique in every way. Fully underrated bass player imo.

Kirk Hammett, hands down, no contest ; P
yeah for bass there is no one but Peter Steele, a distant second would be Eerie Von of Danzig

and for guitar the list would include John Christ (Danzig), Kim Thayil (Soundgarden), Kenny Hickey (TON)
I loved Cobain, Hendrix, to name duh-factors, but yes John Christ is like a guitar god. Pete could do so much with a bass I'd never seen before and inspired me to check into the whole idea of playing.

Mike Hastings said:
yeah for bass there is no one but Peter Steele, a distant second would be Eerie Von of Danzig

and for guitar the list would include John Christ (Danzig), Kim Thayil (Soundgarden), Kenny Hickey (TON)

Hetfield

Mustaine

Peter Steele

Devin Townsend (Current #1 influence!)

Jerry Cantrell

Enrique Romero, Jr. (dude that plays leads over my own backings)

Sammy "Pierre" Duet

Mike Sanchez

Dave Navarro

Jerry Cantrell

Too many to name but Robert Smith has to be up there somewhere toward the top of my list; the beginning of the song The Kiss is legendary.

In no particular order- Ritchie Blackmore, Rory Gallagher, Steve Blaze, George Lynch, Carlos Santana, Hendrix, David Gilmore, Tony Iomi, Tracii Guns

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service