Look, we love all that is Metal.  I would rather have my eardrums stroked by APHND or Type O than eardrum rapped by Lil Wayne.  But, we all have that one band.  That one band that we owned their cd at one time, and hid it under the drivers seat of our car so no one would find it!  Own up, people!  I'll be the first one to admit it;

Hi, my name is Ross and I have Tom Waits on my Ipod. 

Views: 1072

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ross, here it goes, this might be the ultimate......now this was my first concert ever but i still dont mind singing a long to some of his hits back in the day.....you ready.....Kenny "Fucking Gambler" Rogers....how about that one.
HOLY SHIT!  The Gambler?!?!  Ok, I'm not sure how others would view this, and I'm not a country fan by no means, but I live in Arkansas and your parents should be awarded a trophy or plaque in honor of their awesomeness for taking you to see Kenny Rogers as your first concert!  Because you got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em, fucker! 

Mike Hastings said:
Ross, here it goes, this might be the ultimate......now this was my first concert ever but i still dont mind singing a long to some of his hits back in the day.....you ready.....Kenny "Fucking Gambler" Rogers....how about that one.
yeah I did discuss Bon Jovi previously. I also like to listen to Lady Gaga sometimes..but then again I like dancing and such..what else..oh I was the biggest glam fan back when I was growing up you know Motley Crue and such..then again I was listening to the Sisters and the Fields at the same time already...that's all I can recall for now

Seal... :$

You might be the only person I know that owns a Seal cd.  I mean, I know people did at one point, but you just might have the only known copy in all of mankind!  That's awesome!  Sziamiau, I could never get into the club dancing thing, but on occasion I hear a song and have to tag it with Shazam just to find out who it is.  Then, I find myself downloading it later and listening to it while cleaning my house!  Dance music should be called Cleaning Music.  It's great for that.

One more guilty pleasure for me, and no one can deny, is OLD SCHOOL Micheal Jackson.  I've have this conversation with friends a lot here lately.  Now, I've grown a massive distaste for MJ over the years for obvious reasons, but damn near everyone on this site has at one point sang along and knows all the words to one of his songs.  Everyone on here, as a kid, would listen to MJ.  Once again, I'm not a huge fan, but Dirty Diana was an amazing song.  No one on here can deny owning an album, owning a red zipper jacket, or mimicking the "Thriller" dance at one point in their lives!  Don't be embarrassed!   Someone else will own up to this, dammit!

yeah it was something else Ross, Kenny knew how to kick ass!!

Ross C said:
HOLY SHIT!  The Gambler?!?!  Ok, I'm not sure how others would view this, and I'm not a country fan by no means, but I live in Arkansas and your parents should be awarded a trophy or plaque in honor of their awesomeness for taking you to see Kenny Rogers as your first concert!  Because you got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em, fucker! 

Mike Hastings said:
WHOA!  Look at Diane breaking out the big guns!  And here I was feeling bad about admitting to Michael Jackson's old material.  But I'm not going to give you too much grief over Hanson, cause I really wanted to bang the hot chick in that band. (jk)

Diane Ballard said:
Hanson. It was a Hanson CD. OH, MY GOD. Sorry, Lord, for I have transgressed into the world of....I don't even know what world they belong to. All I know is that my kids brought the damn CD into the car and I can't be held responsible! FORGIVE ME!!!!
Im with MoGo on this one, i have several songs (but not any full albums so I think its ok to own up to this) that are club sounding dance beat make you want move and sweat music, i need it to get on that elliptical machine, rock/metal only gets me going if im lifting weights. But that cardio needs a little more motivation, maybe its the motivation to run away from the noise?! Oonst OOOnst Oonst OOOOnst (ahhhh run away!)
Wow, what timing with that angle!  I'm actually starting working out tomorrow.  I need to lose some weight and have finally worked up the motivation.  My plan was to load my iPod with running music tonight, and was having trouble figuring out exactly what songs I can see myself running to.  I guess I need to look more into "Oooonst" music.  My problem is that I just do not listen to enough of it.  I drug out my Rammstien mp3s and some Prodigy, but any other good suggestions?
Me too! Starting in the morning! Actually a lot of my stuff isn't necessarily the house music, but Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga seem to do the trick for me. You can also download some pretty good workout mixes on itunes.

Ross C said:
Wow, what timing with that angle!  I'm actually starting working out tomorrow.  I need to lose some weight and have finally worked up the motivation.  My plan was to load my iPod with running music tonight, and was having trouble figuring out exactly what songs I can see myself running to.  I guess I need to look more into "Oooonst" music.  My problem is that I just do not listen to enough of it.  I drug out my Rammstien mp3s and some Prodigy, but any other good suggestions?
My guilty pleasure: Queen. I absolutely get the biggest sh1t-eating grin every time I hear that band. I was a huge fan until I started on NIN at the tender age of 15. I still love Queen. I still have the first two albums floating around somewhere. I was steadily collecting them by convincing my mom to buy them for me when I was 13. Brian May inspired me to pick up the guitar, and I even studied classical guitar up until I matriculated.

Lady Gaga. but it's not really very guilty. My ipod can go from SYL>APND>Soilwork>Lady Gaga>TON>In Flames(the old In Flames. the new stuff is crap)

Also really like No Doubt. Great live show. I like a lot of '80's electronic pop stuff. Then there's Royksopp (from some of the old Geico commercials) and brit rock like Elbow and stuff like Peter Gabriel.

No country, no rap. I'd rather slam my dick in a drawer.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service