Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Danzig with Type O Negative opening in Buffalo in 1993 or 94, met Peter Steele briefly as well as Glenn and talked with JOhn Christ for a little while and he was a trooper too because it was cold as hell out.
Pantera & Type-O-Negative in either 93 or 94. I forget, but TON was sick! Also Vision of Disorder in the early days was insane. They still are!
Alice Cooper back in the late 80's for the music and the theatrics.
The Prodigy were amazing live, really energeteic and fun. I've seen Motley Crue a few times as well and they've always put on a good stage show, I prefer small more personal gigs though. Would have love to have seen Type O back in the 90s but Im only 23 now so would have been a bit young, I was born in the wrong decade!
Saw TON here in Austin in 2003 with Lacuna Coil. Absolutely wonderful combination. I did not get to meet anyone because they fled the moment the show ended.

Tool in 2007 in San Antonio has to be the concert I'll most remember. Went with a good buddy, the crowd was sane and the music was otherworldly. Lasers during Wings For Marie and smoke and just wow. o.o
Scary Carrie, i saw the Type O and Lacuna Coil show in Detroit at Harpos, it wasnt the best show because it was so hot inside the venue that Type O's equipement was not working right so it took awhile to get started and then once they did get started they only played for about an hour.

what was great about the show was me and a couple of my buddies hung out at the side of the venue and hung with the band, and at the time i didnt really knew who Lacuna Coil was but realized afterwards that they were out hanging too, and Christina the lead singer, wow, what a voice.
I've none favorite but I prefer local concerts. It's more user-friendly with bands (no crush barrers), you can climb on the scene, headbang with the musicians and have a beer with them at the end of the gig.

And the only one band I really want to see has break up :(
That whole tour seemed somewhat cursed. I had this little prick shoving me the whole time and almost kicked his ass myself right there. He then later ran into me on a dating site. Haha. His face when he realized who I was. Priceless.

I think Peter was sick or something. I'm grateful to have seen them at least once, but yeah it could have been much better.

Mike Hastings said:
Scary Carrie, i saw the Type O and Lacuna Coil show in Detroit at Harpos, it wasnt the best show because it was so hot inside the venue that Type O's equipement was not working right so it took awhile to get started and then once they did get started they only played for about an hour.

what was great about the show was me and a couple of my buddies hung out at the side of the venue and hung with the band, and at the time i didnt really knew who Lacuna Coil was but realized afterwards that they were out hanging too, and Christina the lead singer, wow, what a voice.
For the record Lacuna Coil put on a magnificent set and made a fan out of me. I'd never heard of them before. Gorgeous voice, you're right.

Mike Hastings said:

also at that show in Detroit, this girl came up to me and my friends and asked if she could hang out with us because some homeless guy punched her in the eye because she wouldnt give him any change. and then we saw this guy beat the crap out of some other guy because he took his parking spot. it was quite the experience that show.

Scary Carrie said:
For the record Lacuna Coil put on a magnificent set and made a fan out of me. I'd never heard of them before. Gorgeous voice, you're right.

Mike Hastings said:

What was WITH 2003?! Haha. Oy. Like I said, the world sucks.

Mike Hastings said:
also at that show in Detroit, this girl came up to me and my friends and asked if she could hang out with us because some homeless guy punched her in the eye because she wouldnt give him any change. and then we saw this guy beat the crap out of some other guy because he took his parking spot. it was quite the experience that show.

Scary Carrie said:

Mike Hastings said:

Jag tour '08. TON and Scum of the Earth were awesome! and Lizard Man MCing PERFECT.

And because I'm lame like this, local yocal shit in dive bars, gyms, and skate parks...teehee..*smile*

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sal Abruscato.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service